Cosmetic dentistry is a commonly used dental procedure that can improve the appearance of a dental patient’s bite, gums, and teeth. Cosmetic dentistry procedures can range from subtle changes to major repair work. While these procedures don’t necessarily help improve the function of a person’s teeth, they work to improve the overall cosmetic appearance of a person’s smile. See how various cosmetic procedures can restore your self-confidence and make you smile a little wider.
Improve Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
Types of cosmetic dentistry procedures
If you wonder how to smile better with bad teeth, consider cosmetic dentistry. These repairs can help to restore chipped, discolored, misshapen, or missing teeth. Your dentist will close spaces, reshape teeth, restore short or worn teeth, or even alter the length of the teeth.
There are several types of cosmetic dentistry. Some of the available cosmetic dentistry procedures at Cabrillo Family Dental Care include:
- Bonding: dentist fills in gaps between teeth
- Crowns: caps cover the tooth to restore shape and appearance
- Veneers: porcelain or plastic is used to cover the front teeth to restore shape and appearance
- Enameloplasty or gingivectomy: dentist removes troublesome tooth structure or gums
- Teeth whitening (bleaching): dentist removes stains on teeth or brings teeth to a whiter shade
- Tooth reshaping and contouring: dentist corrects crooked teeth or irregularly shaped to improve the appearance of the face, also know as orthodontics
Cosmetic dentistry before and after
If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry, talk to your dentist at Cabrillo Family Dental Care. He or she can answer questions about which cosmetic dentistry procedures are best for you and your oral health. The type of procedure you should get depends on the condition of your teeth and the results you’re looking for.
Your dental specialist can tell you what the cosmetic changes may look like and what type of maintenance is required for each procedure. Also, ask your dentist for cosmetic dentistry before and after photos to make sure you get the desired results.
Learn More about Your Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Contact Cabrillo Family Dental Care today. We can answer any questions you have about our cosmetic dentistry procedures or cosmetic dentistry cost, as well as scheduling your consultation.