Caring for your dentures keeps your oral health in check and extends the lifespan of your prosthetic.
Here are some tips for cleaning your dentures.
- Gently brush your denture with a denture brush and cleanser every day. Do not use toothpaste as it’s too abrasive and can damage the denture.
- Clean your mouth and dentures before and after wearing them. This reduces plaque and bacteria buildup in the mouth and freshens your breath.
- Soak your dentures overnight in a denture solution or lukewarm water to keep them moist. This helps retain their shape and strength.
- Thoroughly rinse your dentures before inserting them in your mouth, especially if you’re using a denture solution.
- Remove and rinse your dentures after eating meals. You can run water through your dentures to remove food particles and bacteria. Place a towel on the counter or fill the sink with water, so they don’t break if you accidentally drop them.
Do You Need Full and Partial Dentures in Pacifica, CA?
Your Pacifica dentist can help you reclaim your oral health and appearance with custom-made dentures. Please contact us to schedule your consultation at Cabrillo Family Dental Care.
We look forward to helping your reclaim your smile!