Tooth Extraction Pacifica CA
If our dentists recommend a tooth extraction for you, rest assured that we’ve exhausted all your other options. Tooth extraction is always a last resort; however, it is the best solution for protecting your dental health and smile in some cases.
We understand that learning you need a tooth extracted can be stressful, and our team is here to guide you through the process step-by-step. And as always, your comfort is our top priority, so we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that your tooth extraction is a comfortable and pain-free process. We’ll also support you throughout your entire recovery process.
Why Our Dentists Recommend Tooth Extraction in Pacifica
There are a few circumstances when a tooth extraction is the best option for your dental health:
- When a tooth infection has progressed beyond the point where root canal treatment can save your tooth
- When your tooth is severely decayed or cracked and is not salvageable
- When advanced periodontal disease has damaged your bone and loosened your tooth
- Symptomatic wisdom teeth
Sometimes we need a tooth extraction first to complete specific treatment procedures, such as:
- To eliminate crowded teeth for orthodontic treatment
- To prepare for a complete denture
- To remove a compromised tooth for implant placement
Whatever your needs are, our team will do their best to make the process as stress-free as possible for you.
Why Do I Need My Wisdom Teeth Extracted?
Wisdom teeth, also known as third molars, are the last set of molars to arrive around 18 to 25 years old. Third molars come in behind your second molars at the very back of your mouth. Unfortunately, most people don’t have enough space in their mouths to accommodate third molars, which means they can begin to push and crown other teeth, which is one reason your dentist may recommend removing them.
Here are some other reasons we recommend wisdom tooth extraction in Pacifica, CA:
- Wisdom teeth sometimes come in at odd angles that are detrimental to neighboring teeth.
- Some wisdom teeth remain impacted, which can result in an infection.
- Wisdom teeth are hard to reach for brushing and flossing. If you can’t keep them clean, it increases your risk of developing tooth decay and gum disease.
Keeping You Comfortable During Tooth Extraction
Besides using the best dental anesthetics to ensure that you don’t feel a thing during your procedure, we offer dental sedation to help patients relax during tooth extraction procedures.
If you or a loved one needs a tooth removed, don’t wait to contact Cabrillo Family Dental Care today at (650) 359-1646. We would love to discuss your options and let you know how we can take care of you during your tooth extraction in Pacifica.